Sunday, March 29, 2015

HOBO Meals with Spike Gourmet Natural Seasonings

What do you have for your specialty go to when everyone is gone else where out and about for dinner? My hubby and I love HOBO Meals although it is NOT a favorite of the kiddos. So when they are gone here and there and won't be home for dinner we will usually have Hobo Meals. Well we had a night at home such as this last night! 

So what is a HOBO meal you say? Well its a foil packet you fill up with your choice of meats, vegetable, and various spices. We usually will eat ours with hamburger, potatoes, onions, green and red bell peppers, a few mild pepper rings, butter and various different seasonings. 





We will put our in the hot coals on the grill if it is warm enough outside to grill with charcoal, otherwise we will bake them in the oven.

They are so simple to make and can even be altered to your taste in many ways.

What you will need:
Potatoes (Cut-Up)
Onions (Peeled and Sliced)
Red and Green Bell Peppers (Cleaned and Sliced)
Mild Banana Pepper Rings (optional)
Hamburger (Or a meat of your choice)
Seasoning~I highly recommend Spike All Natural Gourmet Seasoning-they are the best! 
Aluminium Foil



I want to take a minute from the recipe and tell you about Spike Gourmet Natural Seasoning.,LOVE this spice! I have recently been given the opportunity to try this spice for my review purposes and I am in LOVE. What makes them special you may be wondering. The spices have ZERO calories and are gluten free, it is herb in the glass jar, yes they come in a perfect glass jar. You can also get them available in low sodium and even salt free. You can get them here at Spike Seasonings.

  

Okay back to the HOBO's you will need to take your piece of aluminium foil, you will want to make it big enough to wrap all the ingredients in and make sure it is closed well, don't be shy. Place your vegetables on the foil, top with hamburger that you have formed into a thicker patty. Sprinkle with Spike Gourmet Natural Seasoning of your choice, Place a few pats of butter on top and wrap in foil
Pace either into hot coals, or you can bake in oven on 400 Fahrenheit for approximately 1 hour.



Relax and you will soon be eating your hot fresh HOBO meal, these are simply delicious! 




Until next time~Cathy


Disclosure: I have received one or more of the above mentioned items for my review purposes, none the less all opinions are 100% my own. 

15 comments:

  1. These look so good! I am going to try them with ground turkey since I dont eat ground beef! I cant wait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is simply yummy, we have even used kielbasi before and love it also! Let me know how it turns out and if you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. oh yum! i am gonna pin this so i can make it later. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the bomb, let me know if you try and if you do enjoy. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. You completely answered my questions because when reading the first paragraph I though, "Okay, what's a hobo meal?" haha. This looks really yummy! This will be something that I try at some point. The seasonings sound amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The HOBO is great, let me know if you enjoy when you try them, and YES the spices are GREAT, we love them! Will be continuing to use them. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Seems like a full filling dinner.. I use all kinds of seasonings in my cooking and love the aroma it adds to the vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very filling, and we too use many seasonings. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I love love love hobo meals! We make them often during the summer, camping or not. :) I'll have to try those spices out. They look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I love HOBO meals we eat them even in the winter months baked in the oven. The seasoning are wonderful a must try.

      Delete
  6. I am a huge fan of seasoning. These look easy and yummy to make. Mmmm...now I want a snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the Spike seasoning they smell great and taste wonderful. We use lots of seasoning and these are much better than even McCormich and some of the better named ones I have used in the past, we will continue to use the seasonings. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. I have seen Spike, but actually haven't used it at all. I will have to look into it. I didn't realize they have so many options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the seasonings are great, we love them. Will not go back to our old ones as they are really inexpensive. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. HOBO meals are so delicious!!!! Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete